Job opening in a 100 bed hospital located in Southern TN, for a Med Surg Director to join their team. You will be overseeing 34 FTEs in this dept. You will be required to step in and work necessary shifts from time to time in order to cover staffing.
The Director of the Medical/Surgical Unit will oversee the Medical/Surgical department’s activities and resources.
Reports to Chief Nursing Officer
We are looking for:
- A strong candidate who is knowledgeable in TJC, CMS and CLEA standards.
- Someone who can come in and be the CEO of their department.
- Someone who is capable of successfully running the department with minimal support.
- Someone who is willing to be a team player and foster an environment of professional growth
- Manage and coordinate Med/Surg unit.
- Direct and supervise functions and activities
- Interpret policies, procedures, standards, regulations as is appropriate to personnel, medical staff, patients and public
- Perform nursing duties as needed.
- Direct, coordinate, and administer the operations and activities of the department in order to effectively achieve the organization’s established goals
- Assess and evaluate care/services provided, staffing levels, competence and educational needs of all employees and effectively coordinate and control resources.
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication and development and implementation of organizational and departmental policies/procedures.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, in-service, projects and committees as assigned.
- Displays proven servant leadership attributes with co-workers and colleagues, customers, physicians, and employees. Participates in, and is engaged in, leadership activities that serve employees, such as the Service Excellence Team (SET).
- Represents the facility in community activities in a positive and professional manner.
Minimum Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
At least 3 years of Nurse management experience in an acute care hospital.
Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Current and active Registered Nurse License in the State of Tennessee or must be able to obtain a TN license.
This city is home to a robust educational scene, including eight elementary schools, one middle school, three high schools, private education opportunities and college campuses. The county is also home to a thriving Amish community, and the town is recognized as the Birthplace of Southern Gospel Music. Festivals and celebrations abound throughout the year, including the Summertown Bluegrass Festivals and David Crockett Days. Nashville’s entertainment and cultural activities lie just 80 miles north. The local State Park features campgrounds, LEED-certified vacation cabins, an Olympic-size swimming pool and modern bathhouse, a children’s wading pool, a paved bicycle trail, hiking, volleyball, tennis and a restaurant. A large lake offers 325 acres of fishing, row boating, canoeing and pedal boating. And golfers can tee off at one of three unique courses in the county.
Huntsville, AL (65)
Nashville, TN (80)
Chattanooga, TN (140)
Memphis, TN (170)
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text-the quickest way to reach me.