Job opening for an Interim Clinical Educator Intensive Care located in North Carolina.
- 700+ bed facility
- Not for profit system
- 30 bed ICU in 10 bed pods……..very busy, fast paced unit ADC mid 20’s
- High technology bedside procedures performed in the units
- Open Heart, Neuro, Medical, Surgical
- Excellent Leadership team
- Reports of ICU Director who is AWESOME!
- Charge Nurses on the units to assist with flow and some education
- Studer based leadership principles
- EPIC EMR
- Must have SCLS instructor/BCLS instruction
- BSN or actively pursuing
- MSN preferred
- Daisy Awards, Grateful patient experience awards; lots of recognition for a job well done!!
- Great support from your co-workers……..excellent team work!!
- Financially stable organization with ownership of 5 surrounding hospitals.
Facilitates the educational development and professional growth of assigned nursing personnel. Responsibilities include development and implementation of orientation, inservice and continuing education for the staff which focuses upon the scope of service, emphasizing the age, psychosocial and physical needs of the patient population.
MAJOR JOB FUNCTIONS:
The following is a summary of the essential functions of this job. The incumbent may perform other duties, both major and minor, that are not listed below. In addition, specific functions may change from time to time.
- Serves as a professional role model and consultant for assigned unit.
- Attends code blue on the unit. Actively participates and functions as a resource nurse when needed.
- Assists in assessment of unit systems and identifies opportunities for improvement.
- Participates in development, implementation, and evaluation of unit goals.
- Coordinates planning and presentation of formal/informal education for all unit staff (including agency staff).
- Assesses unit educational needs.
- Facilitates staff participation in program development and implementation.
- Provides input to the Patient Care Manager for staff evaluations.
- Functions as a preceptor by providing classroom and clinical instruction for orientation and/or internships for nursing staff (including agency staff).
- Participates in orientation and role clarification of orientees and staff (including agency staff).
- Keeps abreast of new advances in nursing skills, techniques, equipment, and supplies.
- Maintains required competency for self and facilitates same for unit staff. Responsible for education files and completion of staff competencies.
Permanent Position Details
- Position is exempt
- Reports to Director of ICU
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text-the quickest way to reach me.