Overview: The quality director reports directly to the chief nursing officer and leads and directs all quality management activities. The quality director will ensure facility delivers exceptional clinical care and service through continuous improvement work in cooperation with the Medical staff, leaders, and partners to eliminate quality defects, reduce cost, improve customer service, and encourage innovative solutions. The quality director oversees medical staff credentialing, risk-management, compliance program, infection control, employee health, project management, quality data analytics, public reporting, performance excellence lean and six sigma program, patient experience program, Baldrige organizational improvement journey, quality improvement work with partner organizations, assist in mentoring and development of leaders within hospital, and participates in NMRHN and other partner networks as appropriate.
- 25 bed Critical Access Facility
- 8 FTE’s report to this position
- Strong leadership team
- Low turnover
- Malcolm Baldridge journey to be first Critical Access Hospital to achieve!!
- Bachelor’s preferred
- 2 years hospital and leadership experience, clinical experience preferred
- 2 years Baldrige experience as an examiner at the state or national level…preferred
- Certified Black Belt or Master Black Belt in Lean and Six Sigma
- 2 years lean and six sigma quality/process improvement work experience
- Enthusiastic attitude and eager to continue to learn and grow
- Ability to work effectively with teams
- Detail-oriented, organized and resourceful, and must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with advanced data analysis tools for LSS work
- Ability to adapt quickly when changes are required, handles stressful situations well
- Comfortable in with group meetings and assisting in the facilitation of quality teams
- Must be an adaptable self-starter. Must be able to juggle multiple projects and organize time effectively. Works independently or in close teams, while maintaining constant communication with the leadership team.
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Ability to travel and attend education and/or meetings
- Oversee departments under the quality umbrella by monitoring day to day work processes, decision support, and process improvement. Ensure the efficient operations of departments and track performance on Service, Quality, People, Finance, and Growth on department scorecards.
- Track organizational key performance data into organizational dashboard monthly and trend data over time.
- Track progress toward strategic goals
- Ensure continuous accreditation survey readiness
- Ensure that all information from facility EHR reportable data for MIPS, ACO, CMS, HIIN, and other reportable quality data as appropriate is transmitted and verified for integrity, accuracy, timeliness, reliability and validity.
- Annually reviews, develops, maintains and implements policies and procedures
- Work with improvement teams to identify areas for improvement and assist in prioritization.
- Recommends and evaluate staff development and participate in leadership development.
- Mentor and coach leaders on the DMAIC improvement methodology and ensure process improvement work is a standardized process throughout facility
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text-the quickest way to reach me.