Job opening for a Medical Center Lab Manager located in Southern California. The facility consists of two acute-care hospitals.
This campus, a 122-bed acute care hospital, was recently awarded in the Fall of 2018 with an “A” Grade from the Leapfrog Group as having the highest level of patient safety as well as the Top General Hospital Award from Leapfrog (one of only 35 hospitals to earn this distinction nationwide). The only hospital in the region to offer Level II Trauma Services, an Advanced Certified Primary Stroke Center, the region’s only Total Joint Center now with advanced certification from the Joint Commission for hip and knee surgery as well core certification for shoulder surgery and is a nationally recognized center for weight-loss surgery by the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (Also awarded the Blue Distinction for outstanding bariatric surgical services).
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- The Manager of Laboratory supervises the day-to-day operations of the Lab and a team of CLS and Lab Assistants.
- He/she is directly responsible for ensuring the team’s adherence to protocols, appropriate management and distribution of workload, ensuring compliance with institutional, industry and federal requirements.
- The positions is responsible for supervising, administering, and achieving operational goals and objectives for implementation within his/her specific team.
- The supervisory role is composed of staffing, work assignment, implementing the performance management program, leading staff learning and development, leave management and schedules, and all other HR-related functions.
- The incumbent is responsible for overseeing and providing comprehensive coordination, data management, and quality control of specimen within the laboratory.
- Provides support for Laboratory functions including inventory management, purchasing, data organization and planning.
- Manages laboratory inventory for materials, consumables, supplies, and equipment. Receive packages, update inventory, and appropriate documentation practices. Manages and update Lab Protocol and Safety SOPs as appropriate, train employees as appropriate.
- Has an understanding of the underlying scientific principle, as well as of the technical and procedural aspects of laboratory testing.
- Must have a general comprehension of the physiology, biochemistry, immunology, microbiology, and genetic factors that affect health and disease in relation with laboratory testing.
- Must have an understanding of management, financial, human resource, and regulatory standards (TJC, DHS, CLIA 88) as it relates to the laboratory
- Three (3) years’ experience as a clinical laboratory scientist (CLS) required.
- Five (5) years’ supervisory experience required.
- Three (3) years’ experience as a Manager within an acute hospital laboratory preferred.
MINIMUM ESSENTIAL EDUCATION
- Follows the State of California, DHS, Laboratory Field Services requirements of education for licensure of a Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS).
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, required. Master’s degree preferred.
REQUIRED LICENSURE / CERTIFICATIONS
- A valid CLS certification from the State of California.
This opportunity offers the following:
- Challenging and rewarding work environment
- Growth and Development Opportunities within UHS and its Subsidiaries
- Competitive Compensation
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plan
- 401k plan with company match
SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required
- CLS Certification from the State of California
- Benefits – Full
- Relocation Assistance Available – Yes
- Bonus Eligible – No
- Overtime Eligible – No
- Interview Travel Reimbursed – No
- 5+ to 7 years experience
- Seniority Level – Other
- Management Experience Required – Yes
- Minimum Education – Bachelor’s Degree
- Willingness to Travel – Often
Does the candidate have a California CLS – MTA Generalist License?
Ideal candidate will have Supervisory/Management experience in an acute hospital lab and a valid California CLS – MTA Generalist License.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text-the quickest way to reach me.