Job opening in a 250+ bed hospital located about an hour from Westminster, MD and about 30 minutes from Chambersburg, PA, for an experienced Laboratory Director to join their team. Our 250+ bed acute care facility and regional trauma center has set the standard for personalized service excellence. We offer our community a full spectrum of services, including: Emergency, Inpatient/Outpatient Surgery, Nursery, and long term care, Orthopedics, Vascular, Oncology and Wound Care Center.
The Site Director of Lab Operations provides overall direction and leadership for assigned clinical areas; ensures effective technical and administrative management of clinical functions and personnel in order to meet the business, financial, customer, service quality and regulatory requirements of the laboratory.
This position will be specifically directing the operations of our medical laboratory and oversee all daily Laboratory operations and clinical services to include daily operations, quality and regulatory compliance, personnel, supervisors, budget and future strategic plans along with project management. The Laboratory is a College of American Accredited facility operating 24/7 with an annual reportable volume in excess of 1.7 million billable tests. The Laboratory site employees 140 FTEs. The new director will be joining a team that needs focus on leadership and engagement. Motivate and lead a high-performance supervisory / management team; provide mentoring as a cornerstone to the management career development program.
- Ability to analyze data, draw conclusions and interpret results
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to develop financial budgets and manage expenses
- Ability to organize, prioritize, multi-task, and adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to provide leadership and influence others
- Ability to solve problems and identify solutions
- Ability to work effectively as a team player
- Ability to write system specifications
- Knowledge and use of databases, data extraction, summary tools
- Knowledge of laboratory controls, methods, procedures and regulations
- Knowledge of networking technologies
- Knowledge of project management process and systems.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Medical Technology, Biology or Chemistry required.
- Master of Science or relevant Business degree is preferred.
- ASCP certification as MT/MLS required.
- Minimum of 7 years laboratory experience and four years of hospital laboratory manager or director experience are required, with additional technical/supervisory experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of medical technology theory and practice.
- Demonstrated supervisory and management skills and good oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements including: safety, CAP, JCAHO, state and federal guidelines.
This city offers small-town living within reach of Washington, DC and Baltimore. Situated between the Alleghany and Blue Ridge mountains, this bedroom community offers a rich history and has become a center of transit and commerce, as well as a commercial and industrial hub. The city features a beautiful park system and a forward-thinking school system. Its small-town hospitality and friendliness make it a great place to call home.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text