Job opening for a Director of Nursing – Gero Psych located in Idaho.
We are seeking an exceptional Director of Nursing in Gero-Psych to help push the boundaries of geriatric care in Eastern Idaho. The Director of Nursing is a natural generator of ideas who is passionate about helping people. Besides being caring and compassionate, you will be responsible for developing and running a top-notch program focused on the prevention, evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of mental and emotional disorders in the elderly and improvement of psychiatric care for healthy and ill elderly patients.
To be considered for this role you must have a Master’s degree in psych or mental health nursing and be licensed in the state of Idaho as a Registered Nurse.
What you’ll do:
- Plan, organize, develop, and direct the day-to-day functions of our psychiatric department in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern our facility.
- Work to build the program for initial survey/certification.
- Resolve patient complaints.
- Honestly evaluate employee performance.
- Monitor patient care for quality.
- Understand and support core measures.
- Collaborate with CNO and House Supervisors to develop, implement, and evaluate programs and services.
- Work with knowledge of staffing matrices.
- Oversee relevant staff (RN, LPN, CNA).
- Develop and implement budgets.
- Represent staff to upper management.
- The Director of Nursing in Gero-Psych may be directed by the Administrator, the Medical Director and/or the Chief Nursing Officer, to ensure that the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times as well as the maximum effectiveness of all ideas and executions.
What you’ll need:
- Master’s degree in psych or mental health nursing (or be qualified by education and experience in the care of the mentally ill).
- Must be licensed in the state of Idaho as a Registered Nurse.
- Minimum of at least two years Psychiatric Nursing experience.
- BLS and NVCI mandatory within 60 days of employment; ACLS
- Ability to direct teams.
- Excellent communication skills.
Competitive Salary Range!
How to apply for the Director of Nursing – Gero Psych Job: contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text