Job opening for a Director of Nursing, a career opportunity located in San Francisco Bay Area, California. The Surgery Center is Joint Commission accredited and affiliated with a large healthcare system. Very stable and looking for a long-term DON.
4 OR’s, 1 procedural room, 10 PACU. On average 7k-8k cases per year.
The Director of Nursing (DON) provides nursing and administrative direction to all clinical staff of the surgery center, including directing and coordinating all clinical activities, resources and personnel. DON provides clinical and operational expertise to the clinical areas; creates, updates, interprets and enforces personnel policies and procedures; develops through collaboration with Clinical Managers and Charge Nurses, and nursing team, all clinical policies, procedures and programs, demonstrates leadership ability and exceptional professional behavior while conducting day to day responsibilities, collaborates with the Administrator and/or Medical Director in the development of the clinical budgets and staffing plans. This position does require patient care responsibilities as needed to support clinical staff.
Position Reports to:
- All Clinical Personnel, OR Manager, PACU Manager, Charge Nurses, Radiology Technician, and other personnel as assigned.
Licenses or Certifications:
- Current RN licensure to practice in the State of California.
- Successful completion of Advanced Life Support, Pediatric Advanced Life Support and Basic Life Support Course.
Education, vocational training and experience:
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing.
- A BSN or equivalent experience is required.
- Significant experience in Operating Room and Clinical Nursing and Management is required.
- Current experience in ambulatory surgery is required.
- Current CNOR certificate preferred.
- Materials management experience is preferred.
- Must have the ability to manage multiple facility operations.
- Operating Room: 3 years (Preferred)
- Nurse Management: 5 years (Preferred)
- BSN preferred but not required
- Looking to interview ASAP!!!
Close access to the Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) station.
Competitive Salary Range!
How to apply for the Director of Nursing Job: contact email@example.com or
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text