Job Opening in a 200+ bed hospital in Southern Virginia near the NC border, for an experienced Director of Acute Care Services to join their team. The Director will be overseeing Med Surg, Telemetry, and Ortho. There are a total of 89 beds you will be overseeing and you will oversee around 60 FTEs.
- Responsible for carrying through with the planning, organizing, and directing clinical practice and associate management functions for assigned periods in the hospital setting.
- Supports the goals of the Hospital, the Department of Nursing, and provides for the continuity and achievement of these goals and objectives.
- Establishes standards of practice and performance improvement methods to monitor and achieve hospital and department goals.
- Serves as support and resource to hospital managers and hospital personnel on assigned shifts.
- Requires flexibility in scheduling with the requirement of being able to work all shift patterns including weekends and holidays in order to maintain continuity of service and provide consistent coverage of nursing supervision the hospital.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Graduate from a school of professional nursing.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Virginia or degree in clinical health sciences curriculum preferred.
- BLS certification required.
Minimum Work Experience:
- Five (5) years’ experience in Med Surg, Telemetry or Ortho Required;
- Three (3) years’ experience in a management role Required in one of the areas of Med Surg, Telemetry or Ortho
This city is positioned on the southern border of Virginia. This thriving community is conveniently positioned within a day’s drive to 60% of the U.S. population, and is strategically located within 50 miles of the major metropolitan areas of Roanoke, Virginia and Greensboro, North Carolina. Trout-filled rivers, quiet lakes and gentle mountains surround this beautiful location that’s full of rich history. Home to some of the finest recreational and cultural activities in the country, the city is proud of our excellent medical facilities, innovative school systems and advantageous housing opportunities. Our climate is just right for those who enjoy all four seasons with cool winters and pleasant summers. And with a scenic backdrop of the Blue Ridge Mountains, the spring and autumn seasons are simply breathtaking.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text