Job Opening in a 150+ bed hospital in beautiful, sunny Northwestern Arizona for a Director of Surgical Services to join their team. The hospital has 10 OR rooms in the main hospital and 4 at the Surgery Center. They have 2 Endo suites at the main hospital and 2 at the Surgery Center. They do roughly 6700 OR cases between the main OR and the surgery center and 3400 Endos between the main OR and the surgery center. There are roughly 55 FTEs between main OR and Surgery Center including 3 managers under Director. The hospital is a Level III Trauma Center. They were awarded the Orthopedic Center of Excellence for Total Shoulders, Hips, and Knees. In addition, they have a thriving Open Heart Program. They will soon be starting up the DaVinci Robotics Program.
We are currently looking for a Director of Surgical Services to join our team.
- Highly Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package.
- Sign on Bonus/Relocation Package.
This is a Leadership position, which assures the delivery of patient care with the skills of an experienced Registered Nurse. Position responsibilities include ensuring continuity of patient care, serving as a resource for subordinate staff, facilitating problem solving, assisting with Quality Improvement Activities, staff education and assuring compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Develops and implements departmental goals, plans, and standards consistent with the clinical, administrative, legal, and ethical requirements/objectives of the organization.
- Directs and evaluates departmental operations, including patient care delivery, information technologies, service level determination, and complaint management, to achieve performance and quality control objectives.
- Plans and monitors staffing activities, including hiring, orienting, evaluating, disciplinary actions, and continuing education initiatives.
- Prepares, monitors, and evaluates departmental budgets, and ensures that the department operates in compliance with allocated funding.
- Coordinates and directs internal/external audits.
- Creates and fosters an environment that encourages professional growth.
- Integrates evidence-based practices into operations and clinical protocols.
This is a great opportunity to join a compassionate team of professionals, at a hospital that is employee-focused and committed to providing high quality medical care in a patient-centered environment.
- Associate’s degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Valid Arizona or Compact States RN license; CPR ACLS required within 60 days of hire.
- Minimum 3 years leadership experience in surgical services setting required.
Once you get past our awesome 360 degree views of mountain ranges, the mighty Colorado River and its wonder, our unique history, and the diversity of Mohave County, you’ll find a community robust with unique and diverse people, and with a spirit that will touch your heart. Sunny almost all the time. No natural disasters. Desert. Mountains. A lake and river. Dramatic elevations. Small town life with ‘Vegas close by. That’s what we’ve got! Laughlin, Kingman, Oatman, Las Vegas, and Lake Havasu City are close by. They add incredible diversity and fun to life in Mohave County. Imagine camping in a marvelous state park admiring mountains and enjoying cool air for lunch, then waterskiing on Lake Mohave in the afternoon. How about a day golfing with visiting family members or friends, and then driving to Las Vegas to a championship boxing match for the night? Imaging a day of exploring Christmas Tree Pass on your ATV in the desert and spying ancient petroglyphs with your kids and then a short drive to Oatman to see an old gold mine or a staged gunfight, and pet some wild burros! And we’re 4 hours to Los Angeles and Southern California via I-40, 3 hours to Sedona and the Grand Canyon, and under 3 to Phoenix and Flagstaff!
Competitive Salary Range!
How to apply for the OR Director Job: contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text