Job Opening in a midsized hospital located North West Alabama, for a Director of Women’s and Children’s Services to join their team.
- This position assumes the leadership role of care within Women’s and Children’s Services.
- This position may require working under stressful conditions and irregular hours. Oversees the day to day operations of the patient care in the postpartum GYN, Labor and Delivery, Nursery, and Pediatric units, to include accountability for quality patient care, nursing staff performance and evaluation, budget development and management, staff development, education for staff and community.
- The director also identifies and addresses patients’ needs and priorities, and develops classes to meet these needs.
- Responsible for curriculum and keeping up to date on the changing needs of our patients and families.
- Promotes collaborative practice with other departments, physicians, and schools of nursing, and exhibits the ability to work with others, to find solutions to difficult technical or administrative problems.
- Qualified Medical Personnel- (QMP) – The Director of Women’s and Children’s Services will be trained and competent to conduct an appropriate medical screening exam on patients with pregnancy related complaints to determine whether an emergency medical condition exists. The RN will have 24- hour back-up from the on-call physician.
- 105 FTE’s
- 1400+ deliveries annually
- 9 L&D Beds
- 3 L&D triage beds
- 2 L&D ORs
- 21 Postpartum beds
- 32 Nursery beds
- 6 special care beds
- 17 Pediatric/Med-Surg Beds: low acuity
- Graduate of Accredited School of Nursing with current Alabama RN License.
- BSN required or commitment to obtain.
- AWHONN Fetal Monitoring Certification
- Professional Certification in pertinent field within one year of taking position.
- Minimum of 4 years work experience in Women’s Services and/or Children’s.
Complexity of Duties and Responsibilities
- Job activities are complex, diversified, and only partially structured.
- Requires considerable judgment to work independently toward general results, modifying or adapting best practices to meet different conditions, making decisions based on precedent and hospital policies.
- Requires significant judgment and initiative in dealing with complex factors that are not easily evaluated.
- Conducts employee Orientation and Evaluations.
- Makes hire/fire decisions.
- Establishes training and development objectives and evaluates progress.
- Provides significant input to long-term goals and objectives.
From the houses on the bluffs overlooking the Tennessee River to the beautiful and historic homes in the city’s downtown area, life in this town is full of beauty. Situated on the banks of the beautiful Tennessee River, Florence has a rich history. Nearby Florence is the site for the Alabama Renaissance Faire, held each October, as well as Arts Alive, Frontier Days Celebration, the Freedom of America Celebration on the fourth of July, an annual Trail of Tears Celebration, and many others. The city is an outdoor lover’s dream. Golfers pick from a variety of public and private courses. The river and its system of lakes offers a variety of recreational activities. Nature lovers and bird watchers find much to enjoy in the area’s public parks, camping areas and walking trails. In the spring, neighborhoods come alive with flowering dogwoods and azaleas, and the downtown areas buzz with activity as restaurants move tables to the sidewalk and enjoy another change of season. But there’s plenty to do indoors, as well. From exhibits, museums, classes and juried shows to theater groups and dance studios perform. A mix of manufacturing, service industries, retail, medical and financial institutions give the city stability and strength. This is a shopping and medical & educational hub for the tri-state area.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text