Job Opening for a Genetic Counselor – Oncology located in Hawaii.
Looking for a Genetic Counselor to work with the Cancer Center Team to provide cancer risk assessment for patients referred due to a personal or family history suggestive of a hereditary cancer syndrome.
- Relocation assistance and 1 month temp housing
- Generous compensation and benefits package that includes a pension plan and a 401(k) program with an employer match.
Successful candidates will be responsible for the following:
- Clinical care, attendance and participation at tumor boards, Cancer Committee, and Breast Program Leadership Committee.
- Coordination of various projects, facilitating a BRCA positive support group, and providing lectures as requested.
- Working closely with the other Genetic Counselor, physicians (surgeons, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, gynecologists, internal medicine specialists, etc) and other oncology support services team members (patient navigation, survivorship, clinical trials, etc.).
- Master’s degree in genetic counseling from an accredited program.
- Certification by the American Board of Medical Genetics or the American Board of Genetic Counseling.
- Current BLS certification.
- Minimum two years of experience in the field of genetics.
- Prior clinical genetic specialist/administrative/teaching experience.
Competitive Salary Range!