Job Opening for a Contracts Network Manager – Hospital; 200+beds, affiliated with a University system. 250 physicians in network. Director is looking for outstanding negotiation skills. CA experience preferred. Position is open due to organizational growth – expansion.
- Reporting to the Director of Contract Management, develops and recommends specific contract strategy for new and renewing payer agreements on behalf of the physician network, initiate contract performance review, analysis and implementation of managed care contract negotiations, organize and lead interdepartmental teams operationalize managed care contracts and resolve identified managed care operational issues; participates in the development of contract management information systems. Supports the development and evaluation of new business relationships with medical groups and payers in order to increase service line volumes and market share.
- Manager position negotiates managed care agreements to support the hospital System of Care and develops specific strategies for new and renewing contractual relationships.
- The position will conduct contract performance review and analysis; organize interdepartmental teams to implement managed care agreements; oversee resolution of associated operational issues and participate in the development of contract management infrastructure.
- 5-7 years experience in negotiating HMO/PPO and other managed care contracts.
- A minimum of 2 years physician and hospital contracting experience preferred.
- BA/BS in related field. Education
- Preferred: MBA or equivalent/ HFMA managed care certification
- Contract negotiation; contract legal review, Analytical/financial analysis, Proficient in Excel, Word, etc.
- Analytical/financial analysis background
Knowledge and understanding of Per Diem-HMO, Capitated-HMO, Point of Service, EPO and PPO contracts, including a practical working ability with legal documents and case management concepts. Knowledge of financial accounting methods; analytical skills; knowledge of state and federal healthcare guidelines for reimbursement; critical thinking skills.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text