Job Opening in a 85+ bed hospital located in Northern VA, near Manassas, and 40 miles from Washington DC, for a Engineering Services Manager (Facilities Manager) to join their team.
The manager’s role is to assist the department director in the day-to-day management of departmental operations and personnel management. The manager must be knowledgeable of, and ensure compliance with, all relevant regulatory and accreditation standards, and will maintain departmental policies and procedures in support of these standards and other organizational initiatives.
Engineering Manager Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage day-to-day operations of the Facilities Department
Coordinate with Director to:
- Review and assign preventive maintenance tasks per OEM requirements, or equivalent standards if OEM data does not exist or is not available (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual).
- Review, prioritize, and assign all unscheduled maintenance work as required to achieve hospital goals and objectives
- Schedule staff as required to achieve assigned responsibilities
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local regulations as well as the hospital policies and procedures (e.g. quality assurance, safety, operations, personnel, etc.).
- Act as a resource for Director relating to historical Biomedical Engineering practices at the hospital.
- Assist Director with developing specific departmental goals, standards, and objectives which directly support the strategic plan and vision of the organization.
- Ensure employees have appropriate equipment and resources to perform their jobs and meet goals and deadlines.
- Ensures proper operations of building through managing, maintaining and regulating systems such as HVAC, electronic, plumbing, physical plant operations, security, fire control and high-pressure steam systems.
- Reviews preventive maintenance schedules and work descriptions to assure that equipment is properly maintained, downtime is minimized, and all equipment is included in the computerized maintenance management system (SiteFM).
- Investigates/assesses potential problems and advises Director of status on resolution of problems or issues, or seeks guidance and assistance as required.
Provides positive/constructive feedback to employees in order to reward, coach, correct and motivate.
- Establishes a safe work environment for employees by providing, or making arrangements for, safety-related training and equipment maintenance and by ensuring compliance with hospital safety and risk management programs, policies, and procedures.
- Works closely with Director to establish operating standards, implement quality improvements and communicate them to employees.
- Makes recommendations for revisions, additions, and deletions, as appropriate.
- Creates and fosters an environment that encourages professional growth.
- Supports special projects and business analysis as directed.
- Investigates and resolves patient/customer and staff complaints, while seeking guidance from chain of command as necessary.
- Understand that patient care is the single most important function in the organization and that all maintenance services are designed to enhance and support the patient.
Total Hospital SF – 269,707
Total Satellite (MOB, Clinics, FHRNC, Villa) SF – 138,630
Total Current SF under construction (cancer Center MOB) – 25,000
- Replace HVAC, Flooring project (get rid of carpet on inpatient units and 1st floor),
- Clinic Space renovations,
- MOB Cancer Center,
- replacing pipes in the bistro,
- relocation of Wound Center.
There are 9 FT Employees, 3 PRN employees and the Director.
- Associate’s degree.
- 2 years of maintenance experience in a hospital and in a management role.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- 5 years of experience including project management, hospital engineering, and supervisory experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
Fast-paced city life melts into the distance, and your eyes open to the beauty, charm and wonder of Virginia’s Horse & Wine Country. Just 40 miles west of Washington, D.C., at the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Our pristine parks offer boating, hiking, fishing, playgrounds, and more. Over 26 wineries featuring unique award-winning wines and incredible vistas. Farm tours, pick-your-own farms & orchards, corn mazes, and more. Painting & sculpting, music, theatre, dancing… Find your creative outlet here.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text