Job Opening for an RN Medical Surgical High Acuity Unit Director located in California.
- Position reports to CNO. Over 37 beds & 100 FTE’s and Assistant Managers reporting to the Director.
- Ideal candidates will have experience working for a collective bargaining organization, Magnet organization, and understanding of Lean processes.
- Accountable for the overall administrative planning and coordination of the staffing, fiscal and material resources.
- Assists with the development and implementation of new programs and policies.
- Develops and implements operational processes to ensure quality patient care across large departments and / or multiple units.
- Participates in the development and implementation of patient care practices which meet internal policy, external regulations, and accepted standards across the continuum of care.
- Represents nursing units within purview, and / or medical center wide on interdisciplinary committees.
- Addresses a range of patient care topics impacting the medical center and / or health system, such as patient satisfaction levels, quality improvement initiatives, workflow efficiencies and clinical information systems.
- Collaborates with subordinate management to recommend and maintain adequate staffing levels, Advises senior leaders of administrative and nursing issues, the needs of individual units, and resolution of these matters.
- Works collaboratively with labor relations on bargaining unit issues and contract negotiations at the local level.
- Facilitates and oversees resolution of human resources, labor relations, employee safety and risk management issues.
- Coordinates the resource needs for areas of responsibility, including the review and approval of budgetary recommendations.
- Prepares and reviews variance analyses of budgeted revenues and expenses.
- Promotes an environment for collaborative decision making and shared governance across large departments and / or multiple patient care units.
- Ensures a shared voice in nursing practice and the exchange of ideas to continually improve nursing and patient care outcomes.
- Responsible for employee recruitment, performance evaluation, progressive discipline and staff development.
- Instills strong management practices to create a culture of teamwork, collaboration, and timely achievement of goals and objectives.
Job Required Qualifications:
- Active Registered Nurse licensure in the State of California.
- Active American Heart Association CPR certification.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or higher nursing degree.
- Progressive and recent nursing administration and leadership experience in an acute care unit in an academic medical center at the assistant nurse manager or above level (within the last 3-5 years).
- Strong hospital management experience, with progressive and in-depth expertise in patient care services; knowledge of hospital / clinic operations in a hospital or medical center setting; knowledge of appropriate professional standards for the department and team.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text