Job Opening in a 200 bed hospital located about 1 hr from Olympia, WA, for a Medical Surgical Manager to join their team.
The Medical/Pediatric and Surgical Unit Clinical Manager is a Registered Nurse who assists the Medical/Pediatric and Surgical Unit Director with the administrative and supervision responsibilities of the units, including the overall planning and organizing of activities and staffing on the unit; assisting with hiring, maintaining and disciplining personnel; coordinating with other departments, physicians and the community; participating in the financial management of the department including equipment/supplies procurement and expense monitoring and responsibility; and assisting with the coordination of performance improvement activities. The Medical/Pediatric and Surgical Unit Clinical Manager will take full responsibility of the unit in the Director’s absence and will take on-call responsibility along with the Medical/Pediatric and Surgical Unit Director.
- Current Washington State RN License; BSN preferred;
- Current BLS certification required; ACLS preferred.
- Minimal 3 years clinical experience in Med/Surg; minimum 1 year demonstrated leadership/supervisory experience required.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with multiple disciplines.
- Ability to work variable shifts.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and competency in effective management of unit patient population.
- This is an exempt position.
- Must be willing to obtain Medical/Surgical certification within the first year.
The hospital is located on the beautiful Olympic Peninsula of Washington State, twenty miles from the Pacific Ocean. Close to numerous recreational and cultural activities, we enjoy a moderate marine climate with dry, warm summers and mild winters. Our location is ideal for rural living but within a short drive to Olympia, Seattle or Portland.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text