Job Opening for a Director of Food Service located in Alabama. The Director of Food Service provides leadership and direction. Has the ability to hire, fire and discipline. Oversees quality and manages customer satisfaction.
- Management of department, staff and budget.
- Directs daily operations
- Maintains production and service quality standards by conducting ongoing evaluations and investigating complaints
- Initiates correct actions
- Implements and maintains patient services, retail services and catering programs.
- Inspects food and food preparation to maintain quality standards and sanitation regulations
- Demonstrates knowledge of infection control, sanitation, and HACCP guidelines when distributing food and supplies to ensure quality and safety of food service
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Service, Food Service Management, or Dietetics related field required, Master’s degree preferred
- 5 years in hospital or nursing home experience required
- Certification as Food or Dietary Manager based on city or state requirements
- License required based on state requirements
At our Medical Center, we’re passionate about caring for the people of central Alabama. Birmingham is our home, and we’re pleased to serve our community. Our hospital is equipped with 505 beds to do just that. Each year roughly 53,000 people turn to our hospital for primary and emergency care. We are accredited by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer, and is committed to contributing to the future of health care through its clinical research and medical residency program. We follow a patient-focused approach that helps ensure you get not only the immediate care you need, but also preventive care and education to help you maintain the maximum level of health.
We offer a full range of services to meet the diverse needs of our patients including fast, life-saving response times for patients with chest pain or stroke symptoms; cardiology, including structural heart and valve care; orthopedics, including rehabilitation; psychiatric care; a comprehensive sleep center; and a Comprehensive Bariatrics Center, providing surgical and non-surgical weight-loss procedures.
$20K SIGN ON BONUS
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text