Medical Technologist or Medical Lab Technician Job Openings in Georgia
Job opening in a 300+ bed hospital in GA, located about 2.5 hrs south of Atlanta, for a Medical Technologist or Medical Lab Technician to join their team. They currently have Day, Evening, and Night shifts available. They will even consider NEW GRADS!
*SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE*
Conduct complex analysis of laboratory specimens according to established protocols and procedures, conduct quality assurance checks, and maintain instruments. May lead the work of Medical Laboratory Technicians, Phlebotomists, and others as necessary.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Accurately and appropriately test specimens/samples according to established protocols and procedures.
- Evaluate specimens for acceptability; document activity; and maintain records.
- Record and report specimen test results in a timely manner.
- Report STAT, abnormal and critical value results; document special handling for test results that do not meet established criteria.
- Follow established quality control procedures; conduct quality control reviews and report problems.
- Accurately analyze and evaluate quality controls; document controls used; and report anomalies.
- Perform equipment maintenance and calibration as needed or according to established schedule.
- Troubleshoot instrument problems, reagents and patient specimens when necessary following established protocols.
- Comply with all infection control and patient safety protocols; attend all required safety training programs; follows the established exposure control plan.
- Provide in-service training other laboratory personnel and students.
- May lead the work of assigned Medical Laboratory Technicians, Phlebotomists, or other designated personnel.
- Demonstrate a level of respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow associates to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment is always maintained.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree in clinical laboratory science, biomedical science, medical technology, biology, or related field. Will also consider an Associate’s Degree in clinical laboratory science or medical technology.
Minimum Experience: No experience required. Clinical experience in a healthcare facility is preferred.
Licensure / Certification(s): Valid certification through the American Society of Clinical Pathology (ASCP) as a Medical Technologist (MT) or Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) or as a Medical Lab Technician.
This town is located about 2 hours from Atlanta yet has everything you could ever want! Enjoy the Riverwalk that runs through town or the many museums, performing arts center, historical centers, opera house, or the numerous parks in the restored downtown district. They also have a military base nearby as well as a university in town. This is the 3rd largest city in GA. From Broadway shows to the State Theatre of Georgia – this city offers an array of venues with world-class entertainment. From the history of the foot soldier, the Civil War and prisoners of war – the city is home to nationally acclaimed museums. Visitors stroll back to genteel times in the Historic District where brick streets, ancient oaks and century-old homes are the order of the day. And they even has world class whitewater rafting! The natural flow from the river will create the longest urban whitewater course in the world. This incredible release will also restore the natural habitat of many aquatic species, including the shoal bass and fresh water mussel, making it a fisherman’s paradise. Come experience all the area has to offer!
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services