Job opening in a 300+ bed hospital in GA, located about 2.5 hrs south of Atlanta, for an experienced Core Lab Supervisor to join their team.
Under the general direction of the Laboratory Director and in conjunction with the Laboratory Medical Director, is responsible for ensuring the effectiveness and efficiency of the Laboratory Section. Accountable for the supervision of lab section personnel, responsible for managing supplies and inventory, development, review, and revision of policies and procedures, clinical laboratory quality control, assessments and improvements, and ensuring compliance with all regulatory bodies e.g., state federal, and JCAHO.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree in relevant sciences such as Medical Technology, Biology
Minimum Work Experience:
– Minimum three years of laboratory experience required.
– One year of supervisory experience preferred.
– Medical Technologist certification (ASCP or equivalent) required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
– Excellent verbal and written communication required
– Read, write, understand, and communicate clearly in English
– Proficient in use of computer for clinical data entry/retrieval
– Organize, prioritize work
– Act independently
– Utilize critical thinking and problem-solving skills
– Work collaboratively with others in a complex healthcare setting
– Partner with physicians
– Excellent internal and external customer service.
This town is located about 2 hours from Atlanta yet has everything you could ever want! Enjoy the Riverwalk that runs through town or the many museums, performing arts center, historical centers, opera house, or the numerous parks in the restored downtown district. They also have a military base nearby as well as a university in town. This is the 3rd largest city in GA. From Broadway shows to the State Theatre of Georgia – this city offers an array of venues with world-class entertainment. From the history of the foot soldier, the Civil War and prisoners of war – the city is home to nationally acclaimed museums. Visitors stroll back to genteel times in the Historic District where brick streets, ancient oaks and century-old homes are the order of the day. And they even has world class whitewater rafting! The natural flow from the river will create the longest urban whitewater course in the world. This incredible release will also restore the natural habitat of many aquatic species, including the shoal bass and fresh water mussel, making it a fisherman’s paradise. Come experience all the area has to offer!
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services