A hospital with 97-bed hospital located in Illinois
The goal of the hospital is to provide a superior patient experience including convenient access to the care you need, when you need it.
The Director of Surgical Services, co-ordinates the overall management of all phases of surgical services (Pre-Op, Surgery, PACU) and Central Processing to include planning, directing and evaluation of patient care by efficient utilization of human resources, supplies, and other expenses in a cost effective manner.
- Plans, develops, implements, maintains and obtains appropriate approvals for effective policies and procedures in compliance with regulations, hospital-wide and corporate policies.
- Responsible for the continuous assessment and improvement of the quality of care and services provided.
- Participates in effective Patient Satisfaction Programs.
- Develops for approval realistic annual department goals with input from personnel.
- Attains annual department goals.
- Evaluates effectiveness of department goals and submits report on a timely basis.
- Develops and obtains approval for realistic budgets on a timely basis.
Required Education, Experience, Licensure/Certification, and/or skills
- Current licensed RN in the State of Illinois.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience as a Registered Nurse.
- Bachelors Degree in Nursing or Business or in the process of getting a Bachelors Degree within the next five (5) years.
- Extensive knowledge and skills of surgical procedures and equipment; and critical care.
- Extensive knowledge of high risk obstetrics and neonatal emergencies.
- Maintain current state of the art professional/technical skills and knowledge.
- Demonstrates OSF leadership competencies.
- Demonstrates ability to function in accordance with the OSF HealthCare System Mission and Values.
- Is a self-starter while being able to function effectively as a team member.
- Provides sound management skills to direct the departmental functions and is responsible for the financial administration of the department’s resources.
Preferred Education, Experience, Licensure/Certification
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in managing a nursing department that includes planning and budgeting.
- Masters degree in nursing or business or working toward a Masters degree.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of current progressive nursing experience in surgery and critical care.
- Reports to the CNO.
- Provides functional supervision of assigned staff.
JONATHAN CHASE EXECUTIVE SEARCH
588 Sutter Street, Suite 349
San Francisco, CA 94102