Education: BS required in accounting, management engineer, Industrial, Health Systems, Math, Statistics; Advanced Degree Strongly preferred
Experience: 2-5 years in healthcare operations and/or consulting
Comments: The Performance Management & Innovation Regional Labor Leader (RLL) serves a key role in the roll-out and implementation of the Labor Management & Productivity program. The program’s goal is to identify appropriate use of labor resources thereby reducing unnecessary labor cost and improving resource utilization, all to better position hospitals for the future. The Regional Labor Leader position is critical to the success of the roll-out and sustainability of the Labor Management & Productivity program and will play a key role in the analysis and improvement of critical work processes and associated staffing resource requirements.
The key job duties the RLL will perform in support of Labor Management& Productivity program include:
- Assists with the analyses of hospital operations for potential improvement opportunities.
- Assists with the design and recommendation of processes, systems, procedures, and operational changes to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Assists in the establishment of operational work measurements or staffing standards, and the monitoring and analysis of hospital performance in these areas.
- Working with the other PMI teams members, identifies operational problems and inefficiencies, assists in the development and evaluation of alternatives and improvements, and assists in the establishment of implementation plans.
- Assists with the development and maintenance of productivity standards for hospital activities to be used in determining and evaluating staffing patterns, personnel utilization, and required costs.
- Assists with establishing and/or evaluating staffing patterns, personnel utilization, and required costs.
- Assists with development of recommended staffing levels and skill mix distribution based on developed standards and comparative information, as appropriate.
- Assists with the development and maintenance of internal and external Benchmark system to assist departments in productivity and cost improvement.
- Moderate travel to onsite regional/market hospitals in delivery of Labor Management & Productivity initiatives.
Up to 25% travel
- An educational background that has developed skills in data collection and analysis, systems analysis, study design, project management, resource allocation and utilization, work flow and management, financial analysis and the application of statistical models, sampling techniques and forecasting as it relates to organizational operations is required.
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting, Management Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Health Systems, Business, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field is required.
- An advanced degree in any of the above mentioned fields is strongly preferred.
- The incumbent must have a minimum of two to five years in health care operations and/or consulting.
- The incumbent must possess excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- The RLL must demonstrate an ability to work with department heads and hospital leadership to make effective changes to staffing.
- The incumbent must possess advanced PC skills, including Microsoft Office.
- The incumbent must be able to travel at least 25 percent of the time.
For more information, contact
Tina Roberts, President
JONATHAN CHASE EXECUTIVE SEARCH
588 Sutter Street, Suite 349
San Francisco, CA 94102
(415) 770-1200 (415) 684-2526