A large healthcare system, has a need for a Regional Human Resources Director to oversee 4 hospitals in the Raleigh, NC area. Candidates MUST have HEALTHCARE (HOSPITAL) HRD experience and MUST have MULTIPLE FACILITY experience.
The Regional Human Resource Director (RHRD), serves as a strategic partner to the CEO/Market President and other leadership team members, and is responsible for determining, providing leadership in, developing and executing human resources strategy in support of the overall business plan and strategic direction of the organization, specifically in the areas of succession planning, talent management, change management, organizational and performance management, training and development, and compensation. The RHRD provides strategic leadership by articulating Human Resource needs and plans to the executive management team, shareholders and to the board of directors. The RHRD will serve as the broader HR liaison regarding HR policies and procedures. He/she operates independently to ensure objectivity and fairness for employees while supporting the Mission, Vision and Core Values of the company.
The RHRD will report directly to the hospital CEO / Market President and works closely with / receives work direction from the Human Resource Business Partner (HRBP). They will support and monitor implementation of company initiatives, policies and procedures, and to drive compliance and consistency across the hospital system.
- Establish and implement HR efforts that effectively communicate and support the hospitals Mission, Vision and Core Values
- Develop HR plans and strategies to support the achievement of the overall hospital business objectives
- Function as a strategic business advisor to the executive/senior management of the hospital as well as the HRBP regarding key organizational and management issues
- Working with the hospitals executive team, establish a sound plan of management succession that corresponds to the strategy and objectives of the hospital
- Develop comprehensive strategic recruiting and retention plans to meet the human capital needs of strategic goals
- Develop and implement comprehensive compensation and benefit plans that are competitive and cost effective for the hospital
- Provide overall leadership and guidance to HR function by overseeing talent acquisition, career development, succession planning, retention, training and leadership development, compensation and benefits
- Directs the activities of Human Resources staff members across the system including training and managing their performance
- Works to create consistency of practice in the hospital for all HR policies and ensures they are in compliance with federal, state and local regulations (communicates with the HRBP relative to policy and practice issues)
- Provides advice and counsel to facility management regarding appropriate progressive discipline; attends disciplinary meetings, when appropriate and facilitates all management level terminations.
- Serves as an HR resource for Work Comp issues, as needed
- Oversees the HRIS systems and conducts audits for data integrity
- Takes an active role in and supports the hospitals community efforts
- Responsible for ensuring HR compliance and readiness for Joint Commission and SOX audits
- Oversees all payroll activities including vendor management
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions
- Oversees the Leave of Absence program and ensures compliance with Federal, State, and local regulations
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- PHR or SPHR certification preferred
- 7-10 years of progressive HR experience with a concentration on Employee Relations, Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, Training and Development and Compensation Management preferably in the healthcare industry
- Supervisory experience overseeing various HR support roles preferred
- Previous experience overseeing the employee relations of a large number of employees in multi-site setting highly desirable
- Extensive knowledge of federal and state employment law, CMS, OSHA and TJC regulatory compliance
- Ability to communicate with employees at all levels (both verbal and written communication skills)
- Good computer skills including experience with HRIS and applicant tracking systems; ability to develop spreadsheets and reports to analyze market staffing needs
- Some travel required
For more information,Tina Roberts, President
JONATHAN CHASE EXECUTIVE SEARCH
588 Sutter Street, Suite 349
San Francisco, CA 94102
(415) 770-1200(415) 684-2526
Find and apply for Healthcare Executive and Management Jobs here at this site.