A small 50 bed, Level III Trauma hospital, located 1.5 hrs from Denver, has a need for a Lab Director to join their team. This position oversees around 8 FTEs.
Laboratory Director: Full Time. Plans, organizes, directs and controls the services of the Laboratory Department which includes Chemistry, Hematology, Blood Bank, Coagulation, Serology, Urinalysis, and Microbiology; collects and processes all types of laboratory specimens; performs maintenance and troubleshooting of instruments, performs quality control procedures, reporting and filing of patient results and occasionally working shifts; maintains efficient and effective department operation while requiring compliance with The Joint Commission, state, federal and local regulatory laws, standards and protocols.
- Requires Bachelor’s Degree along with a certificate of completion from a school for Medical Technology; Master’s Degree Preferred. Exempt Position.
- At least 3-5 years previous experience as a Medical Technologist; minimum of 2 years supervisory experience in a clinical Lab in an acute care setting; documentation of current registrations as an MT; basic phlebotomy skills;
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to plan, develop, and direct the Lab Dept.;
- Ability to manage a budget; ability to exercise outstanding judgment; strong analytical and reasoning skills; strong interpersonal and customer service skills with demonstrated ability to establish and maintain positive, professional working relationships; excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Proven project management skills;
- Knowledge of/ability to gain knowledge of organizational policies, regulations, and procedures and The Joint Commission Standards, ability to maintain quality control standards, and ability to act in a supervisory role, perform effective performance evaluations, mentor, coach and discipline staff.
Where the prairie meets the sky! The town’s rich blend of small town tradition and down home hospitality, provides a wonderful background for your travel experience. While here, you will enjoy limitless horizons and untouched natural beauty. This is a place where you will find extraordinary landscapes, unusual attractions, and the friendliest locals you’ve yet to meet! We have parks with large lakes to offer every water sport imaginable. We have golf courses, a small speedway, and of course, the historic downtown area.
For more information, contact
Tina Roberts, President
JONATHAN CHASE EXECUTIVE SEARCH
588 Sutter Street, Suite 349
San Francisco, CA 94102