Our client, a large hospital in the Winston-Salem, NC area, and the need for a laboratory supervisor to join their team. The lab supervisor will oversee between 15 and 20 FTEs. This is a day shift position. Must be a med tech by trade and ASCP certified.
Provides leadership in achieving ongoing corporate objectives including quality, financial vitality, employee and customer satisfaction. Key member on or lead best practice committees for laboratory services. Is a key member who ensures compliance with regulatory agencies, recommends an appropriate organizational structure and personnel plan for the laboratory, assists with the development of an equipment plan for the laboratory and oversees execution of the plan, ensures that service level standards of the laboratory are met and assists with the preparation of and oversee department budgets.
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required. Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university in medical technology, clinical laboratory science, or chemical, physical, or biological science or equivalent required. Successful completion of a NAACLS accredited Medical Technology or MT program preferred.
- Experience: Eight years of relevant laboratory tech and/or leadership experience preferred.
- Licensure/certification/registration: Technologist/Scientist Certification from ASCP (BB, C, CG, CT, H, HTL, MT/MLS, M, MB) or AMT – MT.
** All individuals certified ASCP beginning January 1, 2004 must participate and maintain ASCP Board of Certification (BOC) through the Certification Maintenance Program (CMP). All individuals who are certified AMT beginning January 1, 2006 must participate and maintain AMT Certification Continuation Program (CCP) required.
Refer to the Life Support Training Policy NH-HR-3096
- Additional skills required: All individuals certified ASCP beginning January 1, 2004 must participate and maintain ASCP Board of Certification (BOC) through the Certification Maintenance Program (CMP). All individuals who are certified AMT beginning January 1, 2006 must participate and maintain AMT Certification Continuation Program (CCP). Qualifies as a General Supervisor under CLIA 88 guidelines. Current and future trends/practice in area of responsibility; regulatory and governing standards, policies and procedures; information systems and software used in area of responsibility; equipment used in performing assigned duties; application of safety and infection control policies and procedures; skills in interviewing and selection process; understanding of budgeting, staffing, payroll and purchasing processes; implementation of competency, feedback, development and progressive discipline processes; teambuilding, conflict management, and interpersonal relationship skills; principles of adult learning and teaching methods/models; decision making, project leadership and consultation, delegation and communication skills; understanding of customer needs and expectations and knowledge for improvement to exceed customer expectations. Prior demonstrated leadership.
- .Additional skills preferred: Specialist certifications from accreditation agencies.
For more information, contact
Tina Roberts, President
JONATHAN CHASE EXECUTIVE SEARCH
588 Sutter Street, Suite 349
San Francisco, CA 94102
(415) 770-1200 (415) 684-2526
$49,553 to $82,590