Hospital is 400+beds
· Provides leadership in identifying and establishing an effective system of care coordination, patient flow, and bed utilization in all patient care areas; including an on-going process improvement plan to ensure effectiveness and efficiency of functions and services at all times.
· Responsible for developing and maintaining effective partnerships with related community institutions, agencies, organizations, and providers.
· Implements strategies to achieve optimal delivery of services of assigned areas.
· Formulates strategies to promote and establish effective partnerships in the community.
Directs the management of functions, services, activities of assigned areas.
· Works closely with the management team, nursing, physicians and other disciplines.
· Maintains regulatory compliance, monitors results, and promotes cost effective protocols.
Bachelor’s degree in Nursing.
Master’s degree in Nursing, Business Administration, Health Administration or related field.
Current Hawaii licensure as a Registered Nurse – will need to have prior to start date.
Five (5) years management experience in an acute care setting, preferably in a comparable organization to the Medical Center.
Solid understanding of business principles, i.e., strategic and financial planning, budgeting, business planning, organization theory.
Proven leadership skills, i.e., planning, communications, motivation, mentoring, interpersonal skills.
Track record of managing multiple departments/functions, preferably in a comparable health care setting.
The following departments report to this director:
Manager, Case Management
Manager, Social Work
Manager, Utilization Management
Manager, Patient Placement & Patient Flow
In total Patient Placement & Flow (Bed Control, Transfer Call Center) has 20 FTE
Direct reports: 110 FTE
Target salary range 150k-175k – depends on experience,
Relocation + benefits
For information about this opportunity, please contact
Tina Roberts, President
JONATHAN CHASE EXECUTIVE SEARCH
588 Sutter Street, Suite 349
San Francisco, CA 94102
(415) 770-1200 (415) 684-2526