A 300+ bed hospital located on the Eastern seaboard of CT has a need for a Coding Manager to join their team.
The Coding Manager will be directly responsible for managing all aspects of the inpatient and outpatient coding process to optimize reimbursement and promote clinical documentation quality. It is the point of contact for the hospital’s outsourced coding vendor for providing assistance, direction and feedback as appropriate. This individual also serves as the liaison between the coding team and the Clinical Documentation Improvement (CDI) team.
- RHIA or RHIT with CCS certification
- Minimum of Associate’s degree, Bachelor’s degree preferred. Master’s degree most desirable.
- Proficient with 3M Encoder.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Familiarity with CDI software (i.e., JATA, MIDAS, Optum, Chartwise)
- Knowledge of Joint Commission requirements and federal and state guidelines applicable to health record completeness and patient privacy rights
- Willingness to evaluate current processes, offer suggestions for improvement, and adapt to change.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work closely with physicians, staff, and other hospital personnel and the ability to make presentations to diverse groups.
- Prefer five years’ experience in coding at acute care teaching hospital.
- prior management experience preferred.
- Experience with MEDITECH and/or HPF McKesson preferred.
This city in New England is made up of approximately 45 distinct neighborhoods, including two historic districts. It is considered the safest city in New England and the 11th safest city in the United States. Commuter trains come into the city from all points between New London, CT to the east of New York (Grand Central Terminal) to the south. The Town Center boasts 130 shops and restaurants and there are 118 unique street level stores in each of the neighborhoods. There are more than 85 restaurants, four major hotels and 18 movie screens. It has three parks, some with beaches, marina, tennis courts, softball fields, horseshow pits, playgrounds, skating rink, picnic areas, fishing, and more. Science and nature lovers can enjoy the Museum & Nature Center. A nearby town is home to over 144,000 residents, 1,300 acres of public land for parks, 13 officially delineated neighborhoods across 16 square miles of land. Landscapes, highways, and communities define the neighborhoods. The town offers a wealth of attractions: majestic shoreline parks, fascinating museums, regional baseball, hockey, and festivals and national musical acts and performances.
Salary starts out around $60-70K
For more information,
Contact: Tina Roberts, President
JONATHAN CHASE EXECUTIVE SEARCH
588 Sutter Street, Suite 349
San Francisco, CA 94102
(415) 770-1200 (415) 684-2526