A 200+ bed hospital in the San Jose, CA area, has a need for a very experienced Area Director of Imaging to join their team.
In conjunction with the Chief(s) of Diagnostic Imaging, responsible for the operational, service and fiscal management of Diagnostic Imaging Services across the medical center or Service Area (typically multiple inpatient settings and/or large tertiary setting, and one or more outpatient settings). Develops a strategic approach to achieve an integrated service line for diagnostic imaging across multiple sites Directs the operations of full service, high volume, multiple imaging sites (inpatient and outpatient, 7 days, 24 hours) which generally includes Radiology, MRI, CT, I/R, Nuclear Medicine, Ultrasound, Mammography, Cardiac Cath Labs and Imaging Files.
- In conjunction with the Chief(s), directs the operations of diagnostic imaging to meet the clinical needs of physicians, staff and members across the service line; develops and administers imaging standards and protocols for the delivery of medical imaging services in keeping with service, value, quality, and access goals of the organization.
- Oversees all administrative, technical and clerical operations of the Imaging Services to ensure quality, access and budget goals are achieved.
- Coordinates the operations of department across multiple sites by maintaining appropriate staffing levels, developing/monitoring performance improvement, safety, quality and regulatory standards.
- Develops the strategic planning of major facilities construction/renovation projects to ensure the safe and effective placement of imaging equipment and efficiency of operations. Ensures imaging service levels are maintained during periods of construction and transition.
- Oversees fiscal management of the department, including forecasting and monitoring of operating performance. Identifies and implements strategies to reduce costs and improve quality of service.
- Directs the management of human resources, labor relations, employee and department safety and risk management issues. Accountable for the on-going training and development of technical and administrative imaging staff.
- Recommends the acquisition and implementation of new technology based on knowledge of developments in diagnostic imaging technology.
- Accountable for adherence to state and federal rules and regulations on safety and quality assurance programs. Ensures compliance with The Joint Commission, MQSA, federal, state and local agencies.
• Minimum five (5) years of management experience in a full service imaging department required.
• Bachelor’s degree in health care, business OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
• High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
• Previous accomplishments in health care leadership.
• Demonstrated achievements in management and staff development.
• Demonstrated excellent communication skills and a track record of previous administrative project initiatives.
• Demonstrated labor relations and human relations skills.
• Comprehensive knowledge of federal state and local regulatory standards required.
• Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
• Master’s degree preferred.
This position reports to the Associate Medical Group Administrator. This is a great suburban medical center in the South Bay/Silicon Valley.
Contact:Tina Roberts, President
JONATHAN CHASE EXECUTIVE SEARCH
588 Sutter Street, Suite 349
San Francisco, CA 94102
(415) 770-1200 (415) 684-2526