This outpatient community based, not for profit mental health facility, located about 30 minutes from Akron and about 1 hour from Mansfield, has a need for a Social Work Supervisor to join their team. Candidates MUST have their Master’s Degree in Social Work or Counseling and MUST be Independently licensed and have their Supervisor license (LISW-S, LPCC-S, LICDC-S). They are really looking for dedicated candidates who will do approximately 65% productivity. Salary will depend on how much work and productivity you want to put forth. Productivity involves speaking with the client, a teacher, or a family member. Programs are arranged by age of client and by type of program (DVT, Fetal Alcohol Syndrome, Trauma, Sex Offender, etc). This client has lots of training opportunities as well for CEUs for free.
- In addition to conducting Individual and Family Therapy, duties and opportunities may include conducting Diagnostic/Mental Health Assessments, Group Therapy, and Mental Health Consultation & Prevention.
- Positions may be school-based, office-based and/or community-based, but likely to include services in each of these settings, including client homes.
- Populations served may range from early childhood to transition-aged adolescent and young adults with a wide range of diagnoses and presenting problems.
- Flexibility to work after school and evenings (some evening hours are required to accommodate family schedules and ensure family involvement in services), and possibly Saturdays.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience/skill or willingness to obtain skills in working with a variety of special populations including early childhood, traumatized and victimized children & youth, transition-aged adolescents, youth with sexual behavior problems, chronic & severely emotionally/behaviorally impaired youth.
- Ability to engage a wide range of clients and parents, including those from diverse populations, and those uncertain about the value and/or necessity of MH services.
- Ability to work effectively with other professionals both within and outside the mental health profession.
- Experience/skill or willingness to obtain skills in applicable modalities and interventions, including, but not limited to, evidenced-based /evidenced-informed practices as required.
- Training and practice experience that is “trauma-informed” as well as background in such approaches as Feedback Informed Treatment or modalities such as Trauma–focused CBT , Motivational Interviewing, DBT, DINA and Incredible Years (for early childhood populations), and others matched to our population are valuable.
- Must be culturally competent and willing to work with clients and families within various and diverse populations.
- Licensed in the state of Ohio to provide assessment and therapy via the Ohio Counselor, Social Worker, and Marriage and Family Therapist Board, or the Ohio Board of Psychology. Must possess at least a Master’s Degree(s) in Psychology, Counseling, Social Work, or the equivalent. Must be independently licensed. Supervisory license is required.
The city is known best as the home of the Pro Football Hall of Fame, but the city and region also boast much more! Uncover national and local history in the museums or while visiting one of the many national historic sites in the area. The city is also home to a vibrant arts and music culture with great museums, galleries, public art, studios and unique shops, as well as theaters, live music & entertainment, concerts and festivals. Take a tour of the wineries, breweries, distilleries and unique, local restaurants or explore the great outdoors in the region’s beautiful parks and along the extensive network of trails that cover the Northeast Ohio region.
Salary approximately $52K. No relocation assistance.
JONATHAN CHASE EXECUTIVE SEARCH
588 Sutter Street, Suite 349
San Francisco, CA 94102