A large hospital located in Eastern TX, has a need for a Clinical Director for Centers of Excellence to join their team. This position is responsible for the effective operational management of the following Centers of Excellence: Joint, Spine, Fracture, Stroke, Epilepsy and Bariatrics. This includes monitoring clinical effectiveness based on knowledge of best practice standards, and adheres to regulations set by regulatory agencies. Work interdepartmently to achieve optimal patient outcomes. There are no patients to round on and the Director has 4 FTEs–4 Program Coordinators over the different centers of excellence. They will work closely with the other units Clinical Directors, staff and the Medical Directors for each of the areas. The position does have multiple areas to work with to make sure that the centers remain their certifications….which all have just been recertified by the JCAHO.
- Provide leadership and direction for Centers of Excellence in accordance with the organization’s mission and values, as well as Nursing’s core ideology.
- Collaborates with other disciplines to achieve overall healthcare goals.
- Ensures the development, implementation and evaluation of policies, programs and services that are evidence-based and consistent with professional standards and values.
- Is accountable for measurement, assessment and improvement of the Centers of Excellence processes and organizational outcomes.
- Ensures a professional nursing practice environment that empowers nurses and provides effective, safe, compassionate and quality care.
- Is accountable to ensure the competence and on-going professional growth of nursing staff within the Centers of Excellence.
- Is accountable for hiring, retention, coaching, counseling and planning for Program Directors and Coordinators.
- Is responsible for the Centers of Excellence volume targets and operational budget including development and monitoring of financial effectiveness.
- Customer Service Standards.
- Assess the impact of and plan strategies to address financial economic issues and ethical issues related to healthcare.
- Accept organizational responsibility for the Centers of Excellence (Stroke, Fracture. Joint Replacement, Spine, Epilepsy and Bariatrics) provided and evaluate appropriate care.
- Planning: Assist to develop, maintain and evaluate systems to facilitate planning for delivery of care.
- Coordinate nursing care with other healthcare disciplines, and assist in integrating services across the continuum of healthcare.
- Evaluation: Evaluates the plan for provision of patient care and it’s attainment of defined outcomes.
- Quality: Evaluations and monitors quality and nurse sensitive indicators for appropriateness of care for assigned areas of responsibility, responsible for organizing and maintaining all certification requirements (JCAHO and others) with the Centers of Excellence.
- Finance: Collaborates with other Clinical Directors to ensure proper staffing and scheduling of personnel. Assignments reflect appropriate utilization of personnel, considering scope of practice, competencies, patient/client, and complexity of care.
- People: Ensure appropriate orientation, education, credentialing and continuing professional development for personnel.
- Growth: Develop, implement, monitor and be accountable for the volume targets and the budget for defined areas of responsibility.
- Texas RN License and BCLS required.
- Bachelor’s of Science with a focus in Nursing required; preferred to have Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing.
- 3-5 years of clinical experience required and 1-3 years supervisory experience preferred.
- Must be able to use a PC proficiently.
- Must have effective communication skills.
About the hospital
The hospital is a national leader in patient satisfaction, advanced technology and quality initiatives, and is the region’s preferred health care provider with over 75 years of dedicated service to the people of east Texas. The integrated healthcare organization encompasses five hospitals and a multi-specialty physician group with over 300 physicians representing 37 specialties.
About the town
The largest community in east Texas with approximately 100,000 residents, the city offers cultural diversity, quality education and health care, easy access to large metropolitan areas, and abundant recreational opportunities. The city is a community offering all the conveniences of a big city area but with a more relaxed lifestyle.
$81,669 to $130,670
JONATHAN CHASE EXECUTIVE SEARCH
588 Sutter Street, Suite 349
San Francisco, CA 94102